Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Turkey and stuffing casserole

1 can cream of mushroom
1 cup milk
1 16oz bag frozen vegetables
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
4 cups cubed herb seasoned stuffing
1 cup shredded swiss cheese

stir soup and milk together in large bowl. Stir in vegetables, turkey, and stuffing. Spoon into greased 8x12 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stir. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for 5 more minutes.

I got this recipe out of a Campbell's cookbook. The dish was okay and I will make it again with a few changes. My husband is not a fan of fried meat, so next time I will boil the turkey. I also used just regular stuffing, not the cubed, so will try and find the cubed stuffing. I will also cook it in a 9x13 pan so it's not so thick, I thought the center was still too wet. I had my "cooking assistant" and "taste-tester" here last night and she thought it was a good supper.

3 comments:

  1. I would be the cooking assistant and taste-tester and I thought it was great. I was even allowed to take some with me for lunch today. It warmed up to be just as great today as last night. I know my husband, Russ, would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Lori, you are picking out some great recipes. I have a Campbell's recipe book but this is not in it. Sounds like a good winter supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Turkey and Stuffing gets my vote! I would have topped by individual serving with jellied cranberry sauce....yum! TFS!

    ReplyDelete