Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One dish chicken and stuffing

1 ¼ cups boiling water
4 T butter or margarine, melted
4 cups herb seasoned stuffing
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley OR tsp. dried parsley flakes

PREPARE stuffing according to pkg. directions.

SPOON stuffing across center of 3-qt. shallow baking dish. Place chicken on each side of stuffing.

MIX soup, milk and parsley. Pour over chicken.

COVER . Bake at 400°F. for 30 min. or until done.

I love this recipe because it is quick and easy. For the stuffing mix, I just buy a box of stove top stuffing and prepare as stated on box. I have made this several times. I think the next time I make it, I might put some vegetables in the pan.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good, Lori! I think I could eat my weight in stuffing. Unfortunately, no one else at my house will eat it, so I don't get to have it much. I'll have to sneak this one in sometime, though! TFS!

    ReplyDelete