Friday, June 13, 2014

Dutch Oven Cooking: Green Bean Casserole

This dish is amazing!!!  It is more like a dressed up green bean casserole and it is good.  Not only have I cooked this in the dutch oven, but I have also thrown it together in a crock pot and taken it to potlucks. 

This is one of those recipes that you can add more or less to it or additional items to it.  I have altered the recipe from where I original got it, Everyday Dutch Oven but I don't think you could do anything to make it taste bad!!! This recipe is cheesy, and super easy to make.


Jazzy Green Bean Casserole
 
3 cans green bean, drained
2 cans corn, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup dried onion flakes
2 cups cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
4 strips bacon, crumbled (optional)
1 small can French-fried onions

     Lightly oil or spray 10 inch dutch oven.
     In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except fried onions).
     Spoon mixture into prepared dutch oven.
     Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (10 coals on bottom and 14 on top) or until bubbly.
     Sprinkle fried onions on top and bake for a few minutes more or until onions brown.

    

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are posting again. I can attest to this recipe being a keeper. I was amazed at how much you cooked in your dutch ovens while you were camping...and everything turned out great.

    ReplyDelete